With focused attention on educating and working with Congress, EDC can effectively influence federal policy.
Their specific goals are to:
– Raise awareness among policy makers and the public at large about the serious health risks posed by eating disorders
– Promote federal support for improved access to care
– Increase resources for education, prevention, and improved training
– Increase funding and support for scientific research on the etiology, prevention, and treatment of eating disorders
– Promote initiatives that support the healthy development of children
– Mobilize concerned citizens to advocate on behalf of people with eating disorders, their families, and professionals in the field